Monday, June 4, 2007

And I was right!

It's so crazy and amazing how life works out sometimes. Just a few weeks ago I was down and out and feeling lost. But all that changed when I received an email from a very special person from my past.

When I was 19 I fell in love, with an amazing man. Our time together was rather brief but the feelings in my heart and soul have never weakened for him. Over the last 20 years we have connected twice, once by chance thousands of miles from where we first met. At that time I thought I would never see him again but there he was in a bar in L.A. It was awkward to say the least since I was just a bit drunk and he was with his lover at the time. But there was no denying the instant connection then, it felt good just like it did in the past. A brief rendezvous shortly after and once again he was gone but not forgotten. Our last meeting was at least close to 10 years ago. Since then I have searched the internet on occasion hoping for some useful information. He had been on my mind and come up in conversation recently and then there it was his email although simply put "Adam it's David" floored me when I read it. It's rather ironic to think that the first person to show me how fragile and painful love can be is also the person to assure me that love is also enduring and joyful.

Over 20 years ago David had to say goodbye and although it broke my heart and his I'm certain. We have lived and experienced many things both fulfilling and painful. And through it all thoughts of each other have withstood the tests of time. And now after all these years we prepare to say hello again face to face and heart to heart. I can't wait for that moment when I can see his smile and feel the comfort of his arms wrapped around me once again.

No comments: