Friday, March 30, 2007

Who your friends really are!

It's been a while since I had the time to sit and write anything down. So the 14th of March came with the L.A. Sheriffs politely asking me to leave the unit. I had just laid down after moving as much as I could the night before. I was able to get about 20 minutes of sleep, and they showed up. I grabbed what I could and went to my neighbors house. Thats when I realized I didn't have my phone with me, when I went back Robert was in the process of changing the lock on the door (I'll bet it was with a stolen lock from Black & Decker, where he works) I told him I needed to get my phone and he replied with "Hurry up, I need to get to work" I asked him for more time since my clothes and cats where still in the unit. He said the two weeks I had were more than enough time. Meanwhile for the last three years the little bitch has used 90% of my garage as storage for his crap from when he moved. Well after threatening my cats with Animal Services and me with the Sheriffs he finally agreed to let me have the rest of the day in the unit. 48hours of nonstop moving with the help of Vivian, Randy and Donna I got what I could and closed the door to that part of my life. Its such a shame, so many good times that I'll never be able to look back on with a smile. 7 years wasted with a man who at almost 50 cant even be himself when it comes to being gay. A man that can hardly spell loyalty let alone know the meaning, a man so cheap he thinks a box of DOTS makes a good Christmas Present. A man so sad he cant even see what life is really about.

Although I am currently homeless, I can hold my head up knowing that friendship and loyalty withstand all the hardships life throws at you. And that the unconditional support from those who are truly your friends is a reflection of the kind of friend you have been to them. I may be alone in this world, but I'm never to far from my true friends. Vivian, Randy, Donna, Jim and Jack. Privately I have shed tears of joy because of your gifts of Friendship that I will always treasure.

No comments: